Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

A Handmade Valentine's Day Card

 

I try to make a card for Moo to give people for holidays and I figured while I had the time I would go ahead and make her Valentine's Day cards.
These cards were pinspired, with a Valentine's Day touch.
 
 
What you will need:
Postcards
Red paint (finger paint or acrylic--I used acrylic)
Scissors
Hot glue
Marker
Pictures
(if you open a new account in the photo section on Walmart.com you get 25 4x6's for FREE)
 
 
I use these postcards for everything. I can make invites, thank you cards, or whatever I need to send out to multiple people. They're great!
 
 
 
I made the word bubble and the type on Microsoft Publisher, but you can easily do this by hand. I was short on time (it was nap time to be exact) and knew I wouldn't have time to hand draw/write everything.
 
 
The next part can be tricky depending on the age of your child. I have a squirrely, one year old who was not too excited to be taking part in hand painting and printing. Now some aren't perfect, but that's the point of them being homemade. Each and every one of them is unique!
 
 
While the handprints dried, I wrote the names of our family members in the word bubble. Then I cut out Moo's picture and hot glued it onto the postcard.
 
 
Next, I wrote on the back of each hand, "Blowing kisses your way! XoXo".
Make sure you turn the hand upside down as it will be "opened up" on the card.
 
 

Please excuse the dried paint under my nails.
Then I hot glued a small piece of postcard to the back of the handprint (maybe 1/2in long, 1/4in wide), bent it, then hot glued the other side under the picture where the handprint lays over the picture.
 
 
And there you have it! An adorable homemade Valentine's Day Card!
 

2 comments: