Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Confession: I'm a Pinterest Addict

It’s true. I’m one of the many who absolutely love wasting time on Pinterest. I have so many boards of things pinned that made me think, “Hmm, why didn’t I think of that?” Even the old hubs will look over my shoulder as I’m scrolling and often asks to stop on the humor page and read a few outloud. At night after Moo (the baby toddler) goes to bed I hop on trying to find something to cook or craft or anything for that matter. Pinterest cracks me up in that you can tell what people are going through just by what they pin. I can tell when my teacher friends are having a tough time with students, when someone is hungry, when someone is on a weightloss kick, or when someone is looking to redecorate their house. This past week, I decided to cook some of the many things I’ve pinned.
Yesterday we had Corn, Potato and Bacon Chowder and Seasoned Saltines for lunch.

The chowder recipe came from Weight Watchers online. It was a healthy chowder, so if you make it, PLEASE do not expect a rich, cream based soup. You’ll be disappointed. It was good though.
My changes to the recipe:
  • I used 1% milk (what we had on hand)
  • A few shakes of garlic powder
  • Nixed the Canadian bacon and just added bacon bits to the top at the end
  • A sprinkling of Edam cheese
  • And this recipe needs LOTS of salt. Way more than the recipe calls for.
But once all of that was added, it was tasty and will be something I make again.
As for the Saltines, they’re like crack. So good. These are spicy from the red pepper flakes (surely can be omitted if you’re not a spicy fan) and just delicious. I only changed one thing from the recipe in that I only used three packs of crackers, not the entire box. They were so good that there are no more here. I will definitely make these again.
They’re THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment