Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tasty Thursday

I am not a smoothie fan. I despise(d) smoothies. I do not like yogurt and mixing it with fruit and juice. Well, just gag me. Blech.
In my journey to get healthy, I stumbled across this pin of different smoothies and what they’re good for. Some of them sounded really good since they were lacking yogurt and juice. The smoothie I had set out to make was the meal replacement smoothie. After seeing the cost of protein, I decided to make a smoothie that was a mixture of the meal replacement and the belly buster.

Here is my recipe:

image
-1 tbls chia seeds (mine are ready to use)
-1 tbls peanut butter (I use crunchy since that’s what we had)
-1/2 banana (Moo, my toddler, gets the other half)
-1 cup mixed berries
-3/4 cup Almond milk
-Spinach (as much as you want!)

image
I have now upgraded to a Ninja big girl blender since this picture!
Now blend.

image
 
And voila! An absolutely delicious smoothie that even a non smoothie lover will enjoy!
I’ve been eating this for breakfast everyday since Saturday. It’s so good.
I made the hubs one today, but with just raspberries since we were out of the mixed berries and he loved it too. Chia seeds and all! Got a yummy smoothie recipe? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment